I found out yesterday that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Morgan at Boho En Route. According to her blog, the award is: “an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Thanks so much to Morgan for nominating me! It really made my day to hear that someone thinks of my blog as positive and inspiring!
Morgan came up with some great questions for all of her nominees to answer, so here goes:
1. What is your number one goal to attain in this life?
For a while now I’ve bee thinking that my ultimate life goal is to write a book. I’m not sure how and I’m not sure when, but I am determined to make it happen at some point!
2. What made you decide to start a blog?
I think I answered this in Confetti and Curves’ Behind The Blog interview with me, but I originally started a blog because my dad suggested it. More recently, I decided to start writing again because I enjoy getting my thoughts out and sharing advice with people through my posts. I also like the community aspect of it, and getting to meet other bloggers virtually through comments and reading their blogs.
3. Who/what inspires you?
Lately I’ve been really inspired by two podcasts that I’ve been listening to. I talked about one of them, Dear Sugar, in my April Favorites blog. The second podcast is very similar, and it’s hosted by two of my favorite YouTubers: Ingrid Nilsen and Cat Valdes. It’s called Ladies Who Lunch, and they give advice and talk about their personal experiences with certain topics. Both of these podcasts inspire me because I am always in awe of people who are able to help others through giving advice, as well as being so open and honest about their own life. I aspire to be able to do the same with my blog.
4. What creates your happiness?
I know the correct answer should be “I do.” But if I think of it a bit more objectively, I think that I find happiness from my relationships (boyfriend, family, friends), hobbies (writing this blog and taking improv classes) and a small amount of alone time to clear my head and just relax.
5. Describe your perfect vacation.
My perfect vacation would be a good blend of relaxation and adventure. I love going to the beach and just hanging out and being lazy most of the time, but then also taking some time to explore the area and maybe go shopping, try some restaurants, or go to a museum. I’m actually going to the beach with my family and boyfriend next weekend, so I’m sure I’ll write about it in a post afterwards!
6. Favorite place you’ve visited?
I was actually thinking about this place the other day. I loved Barcelona when I went there for one weekend during my semester abroad! It was such a fun, beautiful city filled with culture. Read my old blog to hear all about my experience there, if you’re curious.
7. What state/country do you currently live in?
I live in the U.S., in Texas!
8. Do you plan on staying there for ‘good’?
I’m not 100% sure. I love it here, and definitely see myself living here for the foreseeable future. However, I wouldn’t rule out moving somewhere else later in life if the opportunity came up and I decided I wanted to!
9. What are you currently trying to improve with yourself?
The main thing I am trying to improve on is taking my health and fitness more seriously. I’ve been trying to eat a little better and work out more often.
10. Do you enjoy reading as much as writing?
I do! I’ve written a few book reviews on this blog. Unfortunately having a full time job has made it a lot more difficult for me to read, but it is definitely something I enjoy!
11. Did you excel/enjoy writing particularly growing up as a kid?
Yes and yes. Writing was always one of my strengths growing up. I remember in middle school my friend and I would write stories together all the time, and when I got into high school my favorite classes were always my English classes.
Now for my nominees!
These are blogs that I’ve enjoyed reading, and bloggers that have shown an interest in my blog as well.
- The Pink Impact
- Kim Gorman
- Life According to Jamie
- The Girl with an Accent
- Glamorous Etoiles
- Lisa Tiller
- Chestnut and Acorn
- Sheree’s Brand
- The Hungry Wandress
- Visions of Simplicity
My 11 Questions for the nominees:
- What is your main goal for your blog?
- What are you most proud of?
- Who is your current favorite singer, and/or what is your current favorite song?
- What do you do when you need to de-stress/relax?
- If you won the lottery, what would you buy?
- Where do you feel most at home/what is your “happy place”?
- What is one skill you wish you were better at?
- What are three words you’d use to describe yourself?
- Which city/country do you most want to visit some day?
- What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
- What is your greatest strength?
Sunshine Blogger Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Thanks for reading! I hope you learned something new about me. Thanks again to Morgan for nominating me! Nominees, please take the time to make your own blog post and answer my questions! I promise it is a lot of fun. 🙂