Yesterday I got some news that just really made my day, and the timing was quite perfect. After spending a lot of the day giving my blog a bit of a makeover and planning some of the posts I hope to publish soon, I got the notification that Jen from Strictly (Personal) Business had nominated me for the Liebster Award! I want to thank Jen for making my day and really giving me the confidence boost I needed to devote more time to my blog this year.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this award (as I’ll admit I was before receiving my nomination) here are the rules:
So let’s get started with 11 random facts about me:
- I studied abroad in Seville, Spain for a semester
- My two biggest fears are snakes and heights
- I played violin and piano when I was younger, but stopped after middle school
- I was in theater and choir in high school, and I was in a jazz choir for two years in college
- I have never broken a bone
- I was an extra in a TV show once in high school
- I have lived in 8 different houses all within the same city (my parents love to move)
- I am extremely indecisive about almost everything in life
- I am a self-proclaimed Harry Potter nerd
- I have a major sweet tooth
- My spirit animal is a deer
And now for the questions Jen gave me to answer:
- How long have you been blogging and what made you stick with it? I started blogging two years ago (almost to the day) to document my semester abroad, and picked it back up last summer. I have had trouble sticking to it at times but I always come back to it because I love writing and I love the community of bloggers I have found here.
- What’s your favorite social media platform? Right now I am really loving Instagram because it is so simple but still allows for plenty of creativity.
- Do you prefer books or movies? I love both. I definitely prefer reading a book before I see the movie.
- What is your favorite quote? I like Eleanor Roosevelt’s quote “Do one thing every day that scares you.” That is something I hope to embody this year.
- Who or what inspires you? I am inspired by a lot of people, mostly my family and friends because I feel like I do a great job of surrounding myself with awesome people.
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging? I love that it allows me to express myself and share my thoughts and opinions with others.
- Where do you wish you could live? Lately I have been really missing Seville. I loved living there for the semester I was there, and I would definitely live there again (or at least visit).
- What are you currently reading? (Book, blog, magazine, etc.) John Green’s book An Abundance of Katherines.
- What’s your favorite food? I’m a sucker for tortilla chips
- What’s a piece of advice you would give to someone who wants to start a blog? Don’t overthink it too much. It’s easy to start second guessing yourself, but if it’s what you want to do you should just go for it!
- What’s the number one thing that you want to do in 2016? Be more fearless. I will be posting a New Years Resolutions blog soon that will explain how I intend on doing this, so stay tuned for that!
And now for my nominees!
These are people that I enjoy reading and chatting with through comments. Not only do I think they have great blogs, but they have shown support for my blog in some way, big or small!
- Confetti and Curves
- Ashley Nicole
- Lisa Tiller
- Within Reality
- Lainey Loves Life
- Away With Fairies
- Brooke’s Blog
- The Frosty Perspective
Questions for my nominees:
- What was your first ever blog post about?
- Do you have any routines when blogging? (Certain music you like to listen to, place you feel most comfortable blogging, etc)
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Besides blogging, what are some of your hobbies/interests?
- If you could travel back in time, what year or decade would you choose to travel to?
- Do you prefer watching movies or TV shows?
- What types of blogs do you most enjoy reading?
- What animal best represents you and why?
- What is one of your resolutions for 2016?
- What was your dream job growing up?
- How do you hope to change or improve your blog this year?
I really hope my nominees consider spreading the blogging love and writing a post of their own about this award. Thanks again, Jen, for nominating me! 🙂